Saturday 5 December 2009

Whir: FAQ

...and another screenshot!

Gameplay related questions:

Q: Whir is a...
A: Puzzle game!

Q: Why isn't the Esc key taking me out of the game?
A: The only keys you need for winning the game or navigating through the menus are the Arrow Keys and the Spacebar.

Q: I get stuck after I choose the [Play] option from the main menu. What should I do?
A: The play option will send you to the "World Map". You should position yourself on a desired level (the weird blocks with tiny blue lights who are definitely not green like the rest) and hit the Spacebar to enter that level.

Development related questions:

Q: What did you use to create Whir?
A: The Whir game engine was made in AutoIt v3, a general purpose scripting language. I personally do not like any game making software.

Q: For how long have you been working on the game?
A: It took me exactly 11 days to create the engine - it has about 1500 lines of code. The bitmaps, however, were already created for another project (I hope to see it finished someday). To create them I used MS Paint and the Softglow effect from GIMP. Oh, and the icon was created in Greenfish Icon Editor.

Q: How about the soundtrack?
A: I got the soundtrack from NewGrounds.com - it's composed by ectsoman, Gillenium and ObsidianSnow - many thanks to them.

Q: ...and the font?
A: I got the font from dafont.com; it's creator is Bruno Herfst many thanks to him as well.

Miscellaneous:

Q: Who are you?
A: Adrian Toncean (madflame991).

Q: Why did you make this game?
A: It was on my "Things to do before I turn 20" list.

Q: Are you planning to release a sequel or another game?
A: Yes and yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment